League reports


KOPA League

December the 11th 2016.

FA Sunday Cup

FA Sunday Cup

Third round

Lewsey 0 Omonia 1

Omonia through to the fourth round of the FA Sunday Cup beating Lewsey 1-0 with their goal coming in the 70th minute from Marildo.

Omonia were up a very good team but they held on comfortably to play in the fourth round early next year.

In the other FA Sunday Cup 3rd round game involving another KOPA team New Salamis v St Josephs called off

St Josephs failed to turn up

First Division

Olympia 0 Anorthosis 1

Steve Cinotti must be choked with this result his team Olympia came out favourites and really pressured Anorthosis but the visitors kept calm and held out and played well as a whole team strong defence and broke out on the counter attack.

Anothosis scored in the dying minutes with a well taken goal from their player manager Fodis and they now go ahead with two wins on the trot.

Livadia 4 Brotherhood 2

Game started fairly slowly and Brotherhood scored first with a goal from Zane Martin after 10 minutes after Livadia switch off from a throw in. It seemed to wake up Livadia who wasted chances to equalise but the score stayed 1-0 at half time.

In the second half it seems like the Livadia Manager Tolga Mustafa and his assistant Nick Koutsoudis had a strong word with the players as they came out a different team.

A great through ball found Andreas Kyprianou on the edge of box who chipped the Brotherhood keeper for the equaliser.

Brotherhood were on the back foot however somehow managed to break and score their second goal from their talisman Aaron Kennedy. 2-1 to Brotherhood with 15 minutes left to play.

Livadia substitutes Marco Kyprianou and Dan Pugh came on to try and change all that. Within minutes some great play from Ricky Sarno and Luke Prokopiou allow Marcos Kyprianou to score the equaliser 2-2.

From the kick off again Livadia pressed and found Marco again who converted some beautiful build play to make it 3-2.

In the dying minutes Dan Pugh won a penalty and the usual penalty taker Luke Prokopiou graciously handed the ball to Marco to complete his hat trick within 8 minutes of coming in the field. Final score was 4-2 Livadia and Hatrick hero and super sub Marco Kyprianou was man of the match.

Arachne 1 St Panteleimon 6 At long last the Saints have regained their winning ways by beating Arachne 6-1 and they did it in style. Their goals came by the first one an own goal then three from Igkli Sevaj, Roberto and Nicos Salapatas. Arachnes lone goal came from Chris Andrea.

Second Division

Apoel 4 Komi Kebir 1

The second division top of the table was just as it meant to be.

Komi Kebir set the ball rolling and were the powerhouse in the earlier stages and were rewarded in the 10th minute with the first goal when the Apoel keeper saved but failed to hold a Andreas Bryant Economides shot that slowly went over the line.

In the 30th minute George Sifonios was pulled down in the box and a penalty was awarded and Vincent Lwanga scored from the penalty. In the second half Apoel continued to pressure the Komi Kebir rearguard and scored in the 56th minute with George Sifonios who again in the 76th minute won a second penalty for Apoel which he took himself to give him two goals.

In the 80th minute the the Komi Kebir goalkeeper was taken off injured and Apoel went onto clinch a fourth goal with Giovanni to give them a 4-1 win and a comfortable position at the top of the second division.

Pantel 4 Cetinkaya Cinar 3

This game had it all. Cinar started the game with 10 men with striker Ryan Wade in goal for the first half hour. The first goal came on 16 minutes as Adem Esen chased a long ball and then lobbed the Pantel keeper. Pantel replied within a minute, a headed goal from Antonio Michael. Cinar were awarded a penalty on 26 minutes with Ryan Wade taking it and sending the keeper the wrong way for 1-2. 7 minutes later Kemar Salmon made it a deserved 1-3 lead for Cinar, getting onto a cross from a corner. Right on the stroke of half time, Pantel capitalised on a defensive mix up and made it 2-3 with a goal from Julian Simpson.

The second half was much the same with Pantel upping the tempo and the Cinar side tired. In the 67th minute Pantel scored with Antonio Michael a great individual effort as their midfielder ran through half the Cinar team to make it 3-3. With the final whistle looming Cinar were caught napping and Antonio Michael scored a third for a hat trick and fourth for Pantel to get all 3 points but overall a great view for the neutrals.

Maronites 3 Achna 1

Maronites still going strong under their manager Andy Elia and getting stronger all the time they will start surprising alot of teams and are coming good with a late run. Achna on their day have produced a few shocks but it did not happen this time.

Maronites goals came from Marcus Archer 2 and Tyler Barclay Achnas goal came from Andreas Chrysanthou.


Login to post comments